Link to: Make Change in Your SchoolLink to: Make Change in Your CommunityLink to: Make Change in Your Workplace
Make Change in Your Community
At Voice of Change we believe everyone has a role to play in preventing family violence. Community action can be built around sporting, cultural, or faith-based communities, local government or geographical location, common ideas, circumstances or passions, and any other group where people are unified by a common interest or purpose.
Family violence impacts all communities, affects families, workplaces and the economy, and has consequences for mortality rates, employment, housing and the physical and mental health of people across society.
The cultural attitudes that underpin gender inequality and family violence can be changed through a whole community response that engages like-minded people to work collaboratively to foster respect, healthy relationships and a safe environment for people of all religious and cultural backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, the LGBTQI+ community, and minority and majority communities throughout society.
Make Change in Your Sport
Sport is a central pillar of Australian life, bringing together diverse communities who share common goals, values and aspirations. As such sporting communities provide a significant opportunity to shape beliefs about gender equality, attitudes and behaviours around violence against women, and create sporting environments where women are safe, valued, treated respectfully and as equals.
Sporting community information and resources:
- Our Watch Equality and Respect In Sport
- Our Watch Understanding Violence Against Women
- Our Watch Equality and Respect In Sport – Taking Action
- Our Watch Equality and Respect In Sport – The Standards
- Our Watch Sports Tools and Resources
- Club Respect – Make Your Club A Place of Respect
- Play By The Rules & Sport Integrity Australia courses
- Tomorrowman courses for sporting clubs
- Tomorrowwoman More Than A Game
- Respect Victoria Sexism and Sport Call It Out